Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A New Year

Well its 2013, another year has gone by.  It is cold and it is gloomy.  I hate going outside this time of year.  We don't venture to WV till April.  We are looking for a house that is a ranch with a basement and some land so we can work on it this winter and be ready to move in the spring.  I am certain it is time for my dad to move in with us so we are looking for something to accommodate us all.  Even though he will be stubborn and say he isn't moving in, we need to be ready.  Kevin is waiting on a new contract from CAE - they are closed for the holidays.  Jeff has moved into a new apartment and was here and stayed with us over the holiday.  I have actually started what I call my "Family Tree" project.  Haven't seen my desk in days.  But its fun to figure out everything and Kevin and I work on it together.  This has been a project long in the making and I think I lost a small batch of scanned pictures when my desktop died.  But I have a new scanner/printer/copier I will learn and the project will be back on track.  I love looking at the old pics from the late 1800's.  What is sad is they were not labeled.  My mother was able to see them and identify a few before she died.  But really by the time she seen them - she forgot most.  By seeing this happen to this two big boxes of pictures, I have labeled every picture I own, and have started on my parents.  But there are a few now - that are useless because my dad does not know who they are.  Then another thing that makes me sad is I have allot of pics from my mom's side of the family but the information to go with them is hard to get, and about 3 or 4 pictures from my dad's side and I have great information from his side of the family, but no pics to do the "Family Tree" on his side.

We have decided it is time to fix the storm damage to the ceilings.  Everything seems to be good with the roof and windows now, so time to proceed.  Somehow this has turned into a three room project.  Family room ceiling and wall.  Bedroom ceiling and wall.  Then the toilet decided the seal wasn't going to hold water anymore, so Kevin said as long he has to take the tank off he might as well take the whole thing out and replace the floor.  YEA!!!!!  I have wanted a floor for 12 years now since we moved in here.  So now we come in our kitchen door and turn left, it is all a construction area.  IT IS A MESS!!!!!  And the old floor isn't coming up so easy.

Now I have to decide exactly what floor I want in there.  Being this far into the project, painting the whole back of the house is in order I believe, but Kevin hasn't been told this yet.  LOL

I am going to try and post consistently again, as I have missed it.  Lately it seems as if my posts that I have started just are not flowing.  Take care....


No comments:

Post a Comment