Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A little about myself

So here we go, my first post.  I have always wanted to start a blog.  I always seem to have allot to say about allot of subjects.  I do not work, but I seem to always be busy.  I am a fanatic about keeping the house clean, laundry washed and ironed, and helping Kevin with his chores because he works a 40 hour a week job and I don't work outside the home.  I am a homebody.  We own two properties in WV that need allot of attention.  Nice way to say DUMPS.....  Our dream has always been to move to WV.  Kevin spent 20 years in the USAF, most of it at Scott AFB, IL, near St. Louis, Mo.  We always thought we would retire to WV after his 20 years, but we chose Ohio to be able to take care of my parents.  My mother died in August 2011 and while that changed my life - we will still stay here to take care of my dad.  My dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's early last year.  He is a very stubborn man - and its getting difficult with him.  I am "addicted" to playing Cafe World on Facebook.  LOL  I always have many little projects going on in my life.  I can't say "NO" when asked to do something.  A trait I wish I could change, sometimes and only sometimes.  We live in Willoughby, OH, one of the most awesomeness towns around here.  It is a historic area, a busy little town, people always walking the streets and allot going on at night.  Brightly lite.

Kevin works at Flight Options.  Its a time share of airplanes for the rich that don't like flying commercial.  He is a Project and Training Manager hoping to retire soon.  His goal since my dad retired at 57 has been to retire at 55 years old.  We have worked very hard to be able to make that happen.  Now he just has to be ready to actually retire.  I am sure it will be a big scary step - to do at age 55.  No Social Security and no IRA or 401(K) payments for 5 years. But we are not high maintenance people - so hopefully it will work out for the best.  I hope to post consistently as this has been something I've wanted to do for a very long time.  Until next time............

No comments:

Post a Comment