Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Living without a mother.

I was watching the Kardashians one night and Kris said "I don't know how to live without my mother".  That little sentence hit home with me.  I still cry almost daily.  I am very protective of her and her memory and of her belongings.  My mother had a very hard life - and I hate that every day.  The things she endured during her life and that came to light after her death is unspeakable.  I am in the process of trying to do a DVD of her "family tree" of sorts.  But it isn't going to be easy assembling the information.  I have this grand idea - but not sure the total know-how to complete this project.  Kevin said WE can do it.  I will depend on him to get me through this project - he has patience - more than me.

I talked to my mom almost everyday.  And after her death, I still found myself going to the phone to call and tell her something.


I was in WV last week and went to the cemetery.  She has a beautiful headstone that I designed.  I love it, and I am sure she does too.  Kevin said I need to design ours, and even though I feel a little "young" to be doing it - I guess you never know.  We are all going to be buried in a little cemetery on a hill in Valley Head, WV.   Love that little cemetery, just disappointed in the theft of flowers off the headstones.  We secure ours with fishing line four ways, knots and there is no way to get it off other than cut it.  Sad someone feels the need to do that.  My mothers they took were beautiful deep red roses and baby's breathe done on a saddle.


This picture of my mom's headstone does not do it justice.  But you get the idea.  The flash and background shows in the picture.  On the right there is a little church in the picture.  It is a church that my grandfather donated the land for and helped to build.




2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you started a blog! I will enjoy reading it! I am such a poor blogger....I usually hit every six months!

    ReplyDelete